Tuesday 22 May 2018

Weekends That Were - May 2018

29.5.18

North Stradbroke Island


There’d been a few reports of albatrosses and prions on recent pelagics so, I thought, maybe Straddie was worth the effort?
I dragged my, once again, sad, sorry ass down to the ferry, onto the bus and out to the point – for nothing.
A single distant Pomarine Skua and an immature Australian Gannet that I probably saw twice – one went left and 40 minutes later a very similar one went right – I think it took pity on me and came back……
That was it.

I gave it away at 9.30 and headed home.

27.5.18

Oxley


Mr P picked me up at 5.30. The track was quite birdy and we had a good list for the morning. Nothing exceptional – apart, possibly, from 4 species of raptor, Whistling Kite, Brown Falcon, Black-shouldered Kite and Brown Goshawk.

We went for a disciplined breakfast at café Europa afterwards.

22.5.18

Minnippi

Went to Minnippi today - more for something to do than to achieve anything. Just the usual stuff.
Didn't bother walking the airfield track.
Totally lacking enthusiasm.


No comments:

Post a Comment